ADSM-L

Re: Primary disc stgpool full at 9 % but msg ANR0522W got!

1998-05-11 08:09:46
Subject: Re: Primary disc stgpool full at 9 % but msg ANR0522W got!
From: Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 08:09:46 -0400
     Apar PQ09463 covers a similar problem.  I had opened an ETR with IBM on
receiving the ANR0522W Out of Space condition for writing to a tape storage
pool -
that had PLENTY of scratch tapes available, I might add.  They lumped my problem
in with PQ09463 (which might be fixed at this point).  IBM stated that when the
server is trying to write a transaction, it will try two volumes only - and if
unsuccessful in finding space in those two volumes will fail with the out of
space
condition.

     Is your disk pool split into numerous individual 'volumes'?  Is it possible
that some of those volumes are nearly full, but the disk pool as a whole is only
9% allocated?

                         Ginny