ADSM-L

Re: server hangs

1998-05-08 08:36:34
Subject: Re: server hangs
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 08:36:34 -0400
On Fri, 8 May 1998, Koen Leeten wrote:

> ANR0355I Recovery log undo pass in progress.
>
> ANR9999D LOGSEG(415): Log space has been overcommitted (no empty segment
> found)
> - base LSN = 581890.0.0.

You need to extend your log via the "standalone" dsmserv extend log
command.  Not the the maximum size of the recovery log is 5300MB, so if
you are already at that size, you cannot extend it, and will have to do a
restore DB.  I ran into this last week, with a 5000MB log, which I thought
to be the max. log size.  The developers told me I could go to 5300, so I
added 100MB, got the server up, and backed up the database.  Since then, I
have set my logmode to normal, as my database and logs are all mirrored,
so rollforward is really not necessary.

Anyone else in normal mode because they mirrir everything?  Or are people
doing mirrors AND rollforward?  I don't really see any advantages to
having rollforward mode with mirrors.

Comments?

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,