ADSM-L

Re: Configuring DLT Libraries with ADSM V3 on RS6K

1998-05-07 14:33:22
Subject: Re: Configuring DLT Libraries with ADSM V3 on RS6K
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 14:33:22 -0400
I agree.
When you get a SCSI adapter error, it may really be the adatper.
Or a cable.
Or a drive (we've had SCSI problems caused by the SCSI cables INTERNAL to
the DLT drives).
Unfortunately, SCSI isn't very evolved, and doesn't tell you what hurts.

Before replacing anything, I would try powering off one drive at a time and
pushing a lot of data to the others, to see if perhaps you can isolate it to
a drive.

After that, start replacing cables...