ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:58:04
If you have never used the new tapes, then you will have to label them first. You can label them and have them checked in to the library, or have them labelled and they will be placed back in the entry/exit port when the label is written. EG:

label libv library_name   tapennn checkin=scratch devt=3590
            Will label the new tape and place it in the library.

label libv library_name   tapennn devt=3590
            Will label the new tape then place it in the entry/exit
            port of the library when it is  finished.and place it in the library.

If you have scratch tapes, then you will have to checkin the tapes.
EG: checkin libv 3590lib1 tapennn status=scratch

With both label and checkin, ADSM will want you to reply with the associated response once the tape has been placed in the drive. You can do "query requests" to see any outstanding requests, and reply accordingly

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. wrote:

Okay, I'm working on my disaster recovery procedures.  I have completed the
following:

This is being performed on an AIX 4.2.1 system with 3570-B12 w/Barcode
----
BACKUP STGPOOL BACKUPPOOL 3570COPYPOOL

BACKUP STGPOOL 3570POOL 3570COPYPOOL

CHECKOUT LIBV 3570LIBR volname
 Remove volname from the entry/exit port
 Respond with REPLY nnn

Update ADSM to reflect the status of the removed tapes
  UPDATE * ACCESS=OFFSITE WHERESTGPOOL=3570COPYPOOL WHERESTATUS=FULL
WHEREACC=READW LOCATION=Somewhere
 UPDATE * ACCESS=OFFSITE WHERESTGPOOL=3570COPYPOOL WHERESTATUS=FILLING
WHEREACC=READW LOCATION=Somewhere

Physically cycle tapes to/from offsite location
----
How do I replace the removed volumes in the library?
Do new tapes need to/should be labeled (internally)?
Is there a process that will move the new tape from the entry/exit port?

Thanks in advance,

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.  Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7619
Systems Programmer      5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.    Fax:   (512)483-7664
Information Services    Austin, Texas  78752-4390

--
Peter Gill
UNIX Systems Administrator

P: +61 3 9703 6018