ADSM-L

Copypool, checkout, offsite & checkin

1998-05-05 18:18:12
Subject: Copypool, checkout, offsite & checkin
From: "Frank M. Ramaekers Jr." <framaeke AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 17:18:12 -0500
Okay, I'm working on my disaster recovery procedures.  I have completed the
following:

This is being performed on an AIX 4.2.1 system with 3570-B12 w/Barcode
----
----
BACKUP STGPOOL BACKUPPOOL 3570COPYPOOL
BACKUP STGPOOL BACKUPPOOL 3570COPYPOOL

BACKUP STGPOOL 3570POOL 3570COPYPOOL

CHECKOUT LIBV 3570LIBR volname
 Remove volname from the entry/exit port
 Respond with REPLY nnn

Update ADSM to reflect the status of the removed tapes
  UPDATE * ACCESS=OFFSITE WHERESTGPOOL=3570COPYPOOL WHERESTATUS=FULL
WHEREACC=READW LOCATION=Somewhere
 UPDATE * ACCESS=OFFSITE WHERESTGPOOL=3570COPYPOOL WHERESTATUS=FILLING
WHEREACC=READW LOCATION=Somewhere

Physically cycle tapes to/from offsite location
----
----
How do I replace the removed volumes in the library?
How do I replace the removed volumes in the library?
Do new tapes need to/should be labeled (internally)?
Is there a process that will move the new tape from the entry/exit port?

Thanks in advance,

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.  Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7619
Systems Programmer      5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.    Fax:   (512)483-7664
Information Services    Austin, Texas  78752-4390