ADSM-L

ADSM Tape Technology

1998-05-05 09:33:47
Subject: ADSM Tape Technology
From: Jeff Hoover <jhoover AT NMSU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 13:33:47 +0000
This is more of a what are people using question.

We are running ADSM currently on an AIX box using 8MM technology for our tape
processes. We currently have the chance to propose another type of tape
technology to use with our ADSM processes.

We would like some feed back from some other ADSM shops. Things we would like
to know are:

 What is your currently tape technology you use with ADSM?
 What, if any, problems you currently see with that technology?
 How busy is your tape technolory. Usage is a big problem here.

Any other information would be very helpful and useful to us.

We currently run two 7331 8MM tape libraries for our migrations and then have
3 external 8MM tape drives for our copy pools and secondary migration areas.

Like most sites we are experiancing operator shifts where we may run into
problems with no operators to mount external tapes in the future. We are
looking for solutions that will give us reliable tape management with out
operator intervention durring certain times of the day. We currently are a
24/7 shop and would like to keep ADSM in that time slot.