ADSM-L

Re: ADSM backup of SAP system

1998-05-05 10:01:40
Subject: Re: ADSM backup of SAP system
From: "John M. Shaw" <jshaw AT DTTUS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 09:01:40 -0500
     We are running ADSM/BackInt on our SAP-Test system which is about
     20gb.
     Parameters :

     Server HW :  SP Wide node/SC 135 Mhz
     Server SW :  AIX v4.1.5 ADSM 3.1.1.2 BackInt 2.2
     Tape Drive:  3 3590s
     lient HW  :  SP Thin2 66Mhz
     Client SW :  AIX v4.1.5 ADSM Client 3.1.10.3

        Times  :
        Single Tape Drive : 58 minutes
        3 Parallel Drives : 21 minutes

I think that the ability to run to 3 drives simultaneously is the best feature
of BackInt.  I'll let you know the times when we run it on our 130gb production
database.