ADSM-L

Re: SAP BAckup

1998-05-05 08:00:39
Subject: Re: SAP BAckup
From: Hans Pfleger <hans.pfleger AT TELECOM DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 14:00:39 +0200
At 13:19 05.05.98 +0200, malkit wrote:
>Hello !

Hi,

>Does any one know if it is possible to backup SAP/R3 on NT like on AIX ?

I think there is no big difference between backup SAP on NT or AIX useing
ADSM. You have to backup file-based your filesystems (disks + registry on
NT), that's it. The problem may be to backup the database behind SAP, and
this depends on the database software.

Try to get the red-book 'backup databases with adsm' and you can find
sample solution for different databases on different operating systems.

Hans

>If not, will it be available soon ? What does customers with SAP backup
>on NT ?
>
>Regards
>
>Malkit Hayun , UDI
>Application Engineer

Hans Pfleger                                            hans AT telecom DOT at
Spardat-Austria Rechenzentrum SARZ
Betriebsysteme Unix BSU                          Tel. ++43 1 21717/2121
AIX and ADSM Administrator                       FAX: ++43 1 21717/1919
         [w|l]ife sux in many different [ways|possisions]