ADSM-L

Re: server performance??

1998-05-04 12:27:25
Subject: Re: server performance??
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 10:27:25 -0600
     I would start with a bufpoolsize of 32768 and increase if the cache
     hit percentage wasn't above 98%.
     james.sporer AT doit.wisc DOT edu

Subject: server performance??
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at IPNET
Date:    5/3/98 11:28 AM

Hi Adsmers,

i kinda remember some threads on this list before discussing some
parameters that can fine tune you adsm server performance. and the magic
number is 98% for the cache hit percentage. could anyone of you remind me
which ones contribute to this issue? any ideas, pointers will be greatly
appreciated. we are running v2 on an aix 4.1.5 box. currently we use
"BUFPoolsize 1024" in the option file.

thanks.

yu chen

-- The Lost Patrol. Level 30~36, HP 800, AC -2. The Highway Patrol of
   The Random Road, They Keep The Peace, They Eat Donuts.    -TRR '97
   The Random Road, They Keep The Peace, They Eat Donuts.    -TRR '97