ADSM-L

ADSM and HACMP

1998-05-01 15:28:54
Subject: ADSM and HACMP
From: Craig Treptow <CATreptow AT EQUITABLE-OF-IOWA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 14:28:54 -0500
Hi.  We have our ADSM server on our mainframe and are backing up our nodes in
our SP.  Some of our nodes are involved in a HACMP cluster.  The clusters are
simple and involve a usable system with a hot standby and dual attached disk.
If the server crashes, we fail over to the other node.  Only one of the node
has access to the shared disk at any one time.

We are looking for advice on best practices in backing up the HACMP nodes.  We
have questions about configuration of the nodes and ADSM to ensure we can
safely back them up and be able to restore the data should the need arise.

Can anyone point me to some more information?  Maybe a redbook that addresses
this?  Personal experience?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Craig Treptow
Sr. Systems Engineer