ADSM-L

Re: Solaris and SunOS

1998-05-01 13:04:29
Subject: Re: Solaris and SunOS
From: David E Shapiro <shapi003 AT MC.DUKE DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 13:04:29 -0400
Thanks,

The rc.local bit helps with how to get the sched started for sun4, which
does not have inittab.  The fix to my problem turned out to be forcing the
dsm.wrapper to select solaris for my one solaris system.  It has vmunix at
the root, but the os is later than 5.0.  Their wrapper program was
incorrectly setting the environment variables (its logic is: if vmunix at
root, system version lower than 5.0).  Their documentation also did not
mention setting the DSM_CONFIG and DSM_DIR to point to the sun4 or solaris
subdirectory of adsm either.  I've got the stuff running now, but I am
dealing with the slow transfer rate (1 GB/4 hr.).

David

Mark Dyer <mark.dyer AT FLE.GMPT.GMEDS DOT COM> on 04/30/98 01:57:19 PM