ADSM-L

Re: remote restore.

1998-05-01 10:44:57
Subject: Re: remote restore.
From: "Stidd, Sharon" <SStidd AT ALLDATA DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 10:44:57 -0400
I tried this once before a long time ago but it didn't work on first try
and I never got back to it. But I'm sure it's do-able.  Our thoughts
were to try to batch up the restores and have helpdesk personnel handle
the requests. But we found that the restores were so fast that we really
didn't need to batch them anyway. But later, another reason came up to
do restores to machines: we wanted to restore all of the dsmsched logs
to one machine in order to have them all in one place for checking, etc.
But I never attempted to get that to work.
Sorry I couldn't be of any help. Good luck, I'm interested in the
answers you get.

Sharon Stidd

Client/Server Administrator
Alliance Data Systems