ADSM-L

Re: Solaris and SunOS

1998-04-30 13:57:19
Subject: Re: Solaris and SunOS
From: Mark Dyer <mark.dyer AT FLE.GMPT.GMEDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:57:19 -0400
David E Shapiro wrote:

> Help!  I am trying to get the client installed on my Solaris and SunOS
> systems.  I get the following message after doing the pkgadd, setting up
> the dsm.opt and dsm.sys, and typing dsmc:
>
> dsmc: sun4/->: not found
>
> What am I missing?  I do not see an adsm executable.  Should I see one?

David,

I just looked at our sole Sun workstation.  It is a Sparcstation 5
running Sun OS 4.1.3_U1.  Our ADSM client software is Version2, Release
1, Level 0.5.

In our /usr/adsm directory, dsmc is linked to dsm.wrapper.  The
dsm.wrapper script determines machine variables, then calls the dsmc
executable from the /usr/adsm/sun4 subdirectory.

We start our scheduler in /etc/rc.local with the following line:
nohup /usr/adsm/dsmc sched -pass={our_password} > /dev/null 2>&1&

I'm not sure if this will help, but I thought I'd give it a shot since
I hadn't seen any replies to your question.

Good Luck!
--
Mark Dyer
Mark Dyer