ADSM-L

Re: Scheduled jobs

1998-04-30 10:52:49
Subject: Re: Scheduled jobs
From: Lindsay Morris <lhmorris AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:52:49 -0400
Well, you COULD use the client's crontab file.....
But the better thing to do is create a schedule on the ADSM SERVER, and
associate the client node with that schedule.
See "Register node", "Define schedule", and "Define association" in the ADSM
Server reference manual.

(I say "better" because you can balance the load on the server better if the
server controls what time all the clients back up.  If the clients control the
timing through their crontab files,  you can't tweak them from one central
place, or use the RANDOMIZE feature on the server....)

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 04/30/98 09:24:34 AM