ADSM-L

Re: 3570 Reclamation

1998-04-29 00:00:00
Subject: Re: 3570 Reclamation
From: malkit <malkit AT UDI.CO DOT IL>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 07:00:00 +0300
Pat

when you define the storage pools and devices, you first have to define the
library, the drives and then you have to define the device class and attached
it to the library. For example:

adsm > def library dltlib devi=/dev/lb0
adsm > def drive dltlib dlt1 devi=/dev/mt0
adsm> def devc dltclass libr=dltlib

You will than define a storage pool and attach it to a device class.

Since you will have 2 separate libraries, you will need to define 2 separate
device class which mean that you need 2 storage pool. Reclamation is done on a
storage pool level. That is the reason that you need to have 2 drives in a
library for reclamation.

In ADSM V3 you can do reclamation with only one drive, you can also do move
data bases on your volume usage.

Malkit Hayun, UDI
Application engineer