ADSM-L

ADSM V3 on MVS errors

2015-10-04 17:59:02
Subject: ADSM V3 on MVS errors
From: owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU at SMTP
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 4/27/98 8:31PM
FWIW, there was a similar discussion about V3 licensing a couple of weeks
ago, but it applied to an AIX box, I think. There was, however, a PTF issued,
so maybe there is a similar fix for MVS.

As for TCP/IP, we have had the same problem, on occasion, with V2.  We now
recycle ADSM whenever we recycle TCP/IP as a matter of course.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU at SMTP
Date:    4/27/98 8:31 PM

Has anyone had either of these problems?  How did you get around them?
1.On startup of the ADSM server, I get an error saying not in compliance
with License terms.  If I do a Q LIC it says I am using the DRM but don't
have it licensed.  (I'm not using it)
2. After recycling TCP/IP 3.1 on MVS, ADSM sometimes refuses all TCP/IP
sessions until it is recycled as well.
Thanks!
Julie