ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.1.1.1 with acsls

1998-04-27 13:05:03
Subject: Re: Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.1.1.1 with acsls
From: Stanley Wu <wudragon AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 10:05:03 -0700
Dan,
I can provide a few suggestions but STK support center probably a
better source for this question.
1. Can you do a successful mount from the ACSSA console?   I suspect
it will fail too.
2. Check your /export/home/ACSSS/data/internals/mixed_media
directory.  There are a few .dat files, do they indicate DLT7000 or
DLTIV media support?
3. Your barcode label, does it indicate DLTIV media?  There is a
little 'c' 'd' or 'e' characters on the label and I beleive they
correspond to media_types.dat
regards,
Stanley

---Dan Giles <Dan_Giles AT MANULIFE DOT COM> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I've just upgraded from 3.1 (no acsls support) to 3.1.1.1 (with
acsls support).
> The platform is an RS/6000 (F40) running AIX 4.2, STK 9710 library,
and 3
> DLT7000 drives. I'm using DLT IV cartridges (35GB capacity).
>
> I deleted the old drives and library and redefined them for acsls as
per the
> instructions. However, when I went to check in a tape, I get the
following
> error:
>
> ANR8855E ACSAPI (acs_mount) response with unsuccessful status,
> status=STATUS_IN-COMPATIBLE_MEDIA_TYPE.
>
> I can't find any other information in any of the adsm or acsls logs.
>
> Anyone have any ideas as to what to look for?
>
> Thanks in advance.

==
Regards,
Stanley