ADSM-L

Recovery Log Full & No Access to ADSM

1998-04-23 20:31:57
Subject: Recovery Log Full & No Access to ADSM
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:31:57 +0800
We are just in the startup phase of ADSM and last night a rather large
client did it's full backup.  This morning none of our ADSM passwords
will give us access.  In addition we are getting the following error
message from the clients:

"Session Rejected:
The server doesn't have enough recovery log space to allow a connection
to be established."

It is pretty obvious that the recovery log has filled up and it is not
allowing us access.  What is the recommended way to resolve this problem?

We are using AIX 4.2.1 and ADSM 3.1.0.0.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Simon