ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: Copy Tapes

1998-04-23 14:05:34
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Copy Tapes
From: Janie Pendergraft <jpenderg AT STJ DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:05:34 -0500
Wanda, Tina & Kelly,
First off I want to say thank you to everyone who has put input into our
problem. I didn't realize this list serv would be so helpful.
Being new to ADSM I think I didn't mention that we have 2 physical tape
units and 2 tape libraries. One library is for copy tapes and the other is
for primary tapes and we have each library assigned to a physical tape
drive. As I said we are getting a new tape drive but it is not in yet and
we will have to make due until it arrives. I understand a little more about
moving data and tape reclamation with ADSM now than I did in the beginning
so all is not a waste of time. I think our biggest problem was letting a
consultant come in and set us up and then after he left 2 days later our
server went down and we have been learning everything the hard way. It
hasn't been fun and I was almost at the point I wanted to say someone else
take over the responsibilities of ADSM I've had enough. We did have some
IBM people come in for a week to help us get on our feet a little after we
lost some crucial payroll information but there is still so much we need to
do and DRM is one of them. But we have just been struggling to keep things
going that we haven't had time. We are going to start that when our new
tape drive comes in. We still are not 100% comfortable with sleeping at
night and knowing all our data can be brought back but we are getting
there. Tank you all for everything!

Janie Pendergraft
St. John's Regional Medical Center
jpenderg AT stj DOT com