ADSM-L

Backup Exec and V3

2015-10-04 17:59:02
Subject: Backup Exec and V3
From: Fluker, Tom R [SMTP:Tom.Fluker AT VIASYSTEMS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I'm presently using Seagate's Backup Exec product to backup my
MS-Exchange server.  Has anybody had any experience with using this
product to backup to a V3 ADSM server.  At present my server RS-6000
(4.1.5) with ADSM 2.1.5.18.

I'd like to update to V3 server to get the advantages there but Seagate
(apparently now in competition with IBM for an Exchange backup agent)
hasn't certified for "V3".  Since V3 ADSM  servers can communicate with
V2 clients I'm wondering if I can upgrade the server, leave the client
alone, and get the V3 features for all the other clients.

Tom Fluker
Tom.Fluker AT viasystems DOT com