ADSM-L

Re: Backup schedule thru ESP

1998-04-21 17:26:05
Subject: Re: Backup schedule thru ESP
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:26:05 -0400
The RunAsService option allows a client process which is started during an
interactive logon session to remain running when the
account running the interactive session logs off. This option is useful when
scheduling background
batch jobs or for allowing a long running client process started by an
interactive user to remain
running when the account which started it logs off. If may or may not be needed
when the client
process is started via a service such as the NT Schedule service (depends on
when the job starts,
what account the service runs under, etc.). In general this option should
always be turned on when
running dsmc as a batch job although it is not always needed.

This option is currently undocumented (I added it when I wrote the ADSM client
service) but will be
will be documented the next time the books are updated.

Hope this answers your question ...

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM NT Client Development
---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 04/21/98
1/98

Peter_Thomas AT manulife DOT com on 04/21/98 01:54:14 PM
Please respond to Peter_Thomas AT manulife DOT com