ADSM-L

Two network interfaces

1998-04-21 12:10:38
Subject: Two network interfaces
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:10:38 -0500
I don't know if you got an answer to this yet but the answer is yes, it is
possible.  All you need to do is to have one set of client set their
'TCPServeraddress' (in dsm.sys/DSM.OPT) to the IP address of one adapter and
the other set of clients set to the IP address of the other adapter.  If you
do your grouping by subnets then you might want to check the routing table on
the ADSM server to make sure that both inbound & outbound traffice is routed
out the same interface/adapter.

Another thing I have done is when the client also had 2 network interfaces and
I wanted all ADSM traffic to go across a certain interface, on the client side
I would also set 'TCPCLIENTADDRESS' (in dsm.sys/DSM.OPT) so the ADSM server
would know what interface to use to contact the client with.

Chuck T.