ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Firewall

1998-04-19 19:37:22
Subject: Re: ADSM and Firewall
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:37:22 +1000
Hi Guido,

The TCPCLIENTPORT is only used when the client uses PROMPTED mode
scheduling and it is only for the server to contact the client to say
that there is work to be done. The data comes back on the port specified
by TCPPORT.

We, like you, are trying to backup clients that are on the other side of
the firewall. Our security guys want to know a little more detail about
how the sessions are established.

Can anyone give any more detail that what is found in the standard
documentation regarding what TCP ports are used, what difference
scheduled vs prompted mode scheduling makes, etc?

Thanks,

Trevor