ADSM-L

dsmc won't run

1998-04-17 12:31:57
Subject: dsmc won't run
From: "Michael J. Rensing" <michael AT PP.PHYS.UVIC DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:31:57 -0700
I'm trying to schedule an adsm backup on an HPUX 10.20 client.

I'm trying to execute the command from the help file which says:
>* Run the scheduler in the background and keep it running even if you
>log out of your system. Issue the following command:
>

>        nohup dsmc scheduler 2> /dev/null &

When I do this, a message goes to nohup.out which is:

>ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
>Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.3
>(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1998, All Rights Reserved.
>
>ANS1038S Invalid option specified
>ANS1820E Command line options must be preceded by a '-'

This is the fershlugginer command from their own @!#$^$&$% help file!!!!!!

What's going wrong? Any suggestions?

                                  Michael

Dr. Michael J. Rensing        mailto:mrensing AT uvic DOT ca
Dr. Michael J. Rensing        mailto:mrensing AT uvic DOT ca
Physics and Astronomy             phone: 250-721-7741
University of Victoria              fax: 250-721-7715