ADSM-L

Client options

1998-04-17 12:47:00
Subject: Client options
From: Ganesan Ravishanker <ravishan AT WESLEYAN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:47:00 -0400
Hi
    I am trying to create client options file for desktop machines. I would
like to exclude certain filespaces from being backed up. I have tried the
define clientopt command as well as the GUI interface to set an option
called exclude to "c:\". I keep getting the following error:

ANR2056E DEFINE CLIENTOPT: Invalid option name - EXCLUDE . Retry using the
full
optionname.

All the help files point to exclude as an available option. What am I doing
wrong?

I also would like to know the following:

    o How do you set up client option  exclude (assuming someone answers the
previous question....) certain filespaces such as the OS drives? On a PC it
is mostly c:, but one could change it. On a Mac, one can change the name
System Folder to something else.

    o How do you exclude network mounted volumes? (NT and Netware)

    o Can you impose quotas for clients? How can I enforce a rule "No more
than 1GB of total space per client"

    Thansk for any help.

Ravi