ADSM-L

Re[2]: Storage Volume > 2 GB

1998-04-17 10:08:50
Subject: Re[2]: Storage Volume > 2 GB
From: Carl Makin <Carl.Makin AT IPAUSTRALIA.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:08:50 +0000
> Author: (Simon Watson
> <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>)

> My understanding is that each DASD volume is a maximum of 2GB in
> size.

| From: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU; david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM
| I have been trying to define storage pool volumes to equal the
| physical size of a 4.5gb SSA drive without much success. Has
| anyone been able to do that in the AIX arena?

I've had single 15Gb volumes defined to ADSM v3 and Aix 4.2.1 with
no problems.  When you create the Journaled file system, make sure
it is created as a "large file enabled".

When I was testing ADSM before the 9714 library arrived I had 35Gb
setup as backup spool, 1 x 15Gb and a number between 2Gb and 10Gb.
It worked quite well!

Carl.