ADSM-L

lbtest help

1998-04-16 20:15:52
Subject: lbtest help
From: Gary Bromley <Gary.Bromley AT ASPECT.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:15:52 +1000
Dear ADSMers

The technical bit first :-
        ADSM Server 3.1.1.1
        ADSM Client 3.1.20.3
        AIX 4.3 (S/70)
        Breece Hill Q215 with 2 DLT 7000 (microcode level 55 - 1837)
        Atape Driver 4.1.3.0

Has anyone got, or can tell me how to get, some documentation on using
the lbtest program in batch mode, i.e. using lbtest.in.

I am trying to work around the problem that if you halt the server with
tapes mounted, then when the server starts again, it does not know about
the tapes in the drive(s) and consequently when it tries to mount a tape
it fails with I/O destination slot full (or something like that).

I have seen somewhere on the List about an APAR that could help, but it
is not out yet and I need to fix this ASAP.

I have limited success with the following content of lbtest.in with the
command ./lbtest -d /dev/lb0 -f lbtest.in
        command open $D RW
        command return_elem_count
        command return_lib_inventory_all
        command move_drive_slot
        command close

Without the 'command move_drive_slot' it works ok, but the
move_drive_slot returns -2 incorrect number of arguments.
I have tried various parameters like 0, invert = 0, (0) invert=0, etc.
If I run it in interactive mode, it works ok and unloads the tapes back
to their original slots.

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards
Gary

Gary Bromley
Gary Bromley
Aspect Computing Pty Ltd
Tel : +61 (0)3 9230 2242
Fax : +61 (0)3 9818 1320
Email : Gary.Bromley AT Aspect.com DOT au