ADSM-L

Re: Client Option Sets (PTF3)

1998-04-16 08:13:47
Subject: Re: Client Option Sets (PTF3)
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:13:47 GMT
Replying to: "Boireau, Eric (MED-Cap Gemini)" <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
(Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:49:07 +0200)

>Hello Rui,
>I have made some test and everything I put in OptionSet is not used by
>the Client (I only test the GUI).
>Eric

Eric,

Here is what I've tested [Server 3.1.0.2 (AIX), Client 3.1.0.3 (Win95)]

1- Setup DSM.OPT so that it only contains:
     COMMmethod      TCPIP
     TCPServeraddr   charlie
     NODEname        hobbes
     PASSWORD        generate

2- Open B/A GUI

3- Choose Backup

4- Click "Modify Backup Options" and verify that compression is off
(default)

5- Create a TEST client option set containing
      COMPRESSION    YES

6- Associate node HOBBES with the client option TEST

7- Repeat steps 2 to 4 and verify that compression is now on.

What I noticed is that even if you specify that the client *cannot* override
server the defined option the client will ignore this. This makes client
option sets almost useless.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,