ADSM-L

Re: 3570 labels again

1998-04-16 07:58:25
Subject: Re: 3570 labels again
From: Bruno Friess <bfriess AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:58:25 +0000
You need the following command to label one tape in the I/O port of the 3570:
dsmlabel -drive=mt1.0.0.1,16 -library=lb1.1.0.1
(addition of keep = leave the tape in the library, or overwrite = re-label the
tape are possible,
change the SCSI values to your values, have a look in the ADSM
Utilities/Diagnostics)

and one command for the checkin:

checkin libv 3570lib volname stat=scratch
(change the volname to the name used in the dsmlabel)
Repeat this for every single tape.

In ADSM V3 you can use the label libvolume command, which labels and checkin
the tape in one step.

Best Regards / Freundliche Gruesse / Amicalement
Bruno Friess

Advanced Technical Support  ADSM

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 04/15/98 12:36:45 AM