ADSM-L

Re: NFS filesystems not getting backed up

1998-04-16 05:24:30
Subject: Re: NFS filesystems not getting backed up
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 17:24:30 +0800
Russell,

My understanding is that NFS filesystems won't be backed up by default.
 There is however a way to back them up if I recall being told by an
IBM ADSM guru.  There is a switch or something that needs setting.
Sorry I can't help more than that.

Anyway, why would you want to?  Back them up from the system that they
are local to otherwise you are hampered by slow NFS performance, you
hit the network twice and it's definitely not as reliable.  Maybe the
data is already being backed up from the NFS Server anyway!

Simon
(Very new to ADSM)