ADSM-L

Re: restoring nt registry

1998-04-16 05:05:48
Subject: Re: restoring nt registry
From: Bruno Friess <bfriess AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:05:48 +0000
With the ADSM

               REGREST

               command you can restore only the last recent one. It is not
possible to restore an inactive version
               of the registry. The way you can restore older versions is a
manually straight forward process:

                  1.Select the files in the ADSM GUI. Be careful to select
those files from one backup. Don't
                    mix the files by selecting files from different backups.
                  2.Restore the files to their original location, which is in
this case the
                    adsm.sys directory.
                  3.You will get a warning that the files already exists, but
replace them all.
                  4.Start the registry restore within the ADSM GUI with the
command Restore Registry in
                    the menu Utilities or within the ADSM CLI with
                    REGBACK ENTIRE
                  5.Be sure that you check the Activate Key after Restore box
in the dialog window.
                  6.The ADSM client tries to restore the latest version of the
files into the
                    adsm.sys directory, but this time, you do not allow to
replace the files on your disk. This will
                    guarantee that the 'older' files will remain on the disk.
                  7.The last dialog window which appears is a confirmation,
that the registry restore is
                    completed and activated as the current registry.
                  8.The machine must be rebooted for the changes to take effect.

Best Regards / Freundliche Gruesse / Amicalement
Bruno Friess

Advanced Technical Support  ADSM

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 04/15/98 05:36:52 PM