ADSM-L

Client Option Sets (PTF3)

1998-04-14 11:15:37
Subject: Client Option Sets (PTF3)
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:15:37 GMT
Hi.

Having updated my Win95 client to PTF3, I can see that the B/A client no
longer crashes when using client option sets. On the other hand, inclexcl
statements don't seem to be working properly:

I setup the folowing files:

C:\TEST\AAA
C:\TEST\BBB
C:\TEST\DIR\AAA
C:\TEST\DIR\BBB

"Exclude C:\TEST\...\AAA" doesn't exclude any file at all. I tried several
variations of wildcards:

Exclude C:\TESTE\AAA
Exclude C:\TESTE\AA*
Exclude C:\*\AAA
Exclude C:\*\*\AAA
Exclude *:\*\AAA

All these work as expected. It looks like the "\...\" wildcard isn't working
properly with client option sets. I tested with both the GUI and CLI
interfaces.

Running a similar test with the AIX CLI, I couldn't get INCLEXCL to work at
all.

ADSM Server 3.1.0.2 (AIX), ADSM Clients 3.1.0.3 (Win95) and 3.1.0.1 (AIX)

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,