ADSM-L

Quickie Question: Schedule Starup Window

1998-04-13 17:21:19
Subject: Quickie Question: Schedule Starup Window
From: David Derk <derk AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 17:21:19 -0400
Matthew,
You are right BUT this is not how ADSM is supposed to work.
There is an APAR IX74446 that is currently open for this problem.
The status is missed and the ANR2578I message is generated
but the schedule operation does in fact completes at the client.

Here is the text of the APAR...
ERROR DESCRIPTION:
"ANR2578I  SCHEDULE schedule name IN DOMAIN domain
name FOR NODE node name HAS MISSED ITS SCHEDULED
START UP WINDOW.
EXPLANATION:
This message is displayed when the scheduled startup
window for this schedule has passed and the schedule has
not begun.
SYSTEM ACTION:
Server operation continues. The scheduled operation is
not processed by the server." This message is being
displayed when schedules are started but do not finish
within the duration time.  The schedules do complete.

David Derk
ADSM Client Development