ADSM-L

Re: Updates to the online manuals?

1998-04-13 15:38:41
Subject: Re: Updates to the online manuals?
From: Larry Sanders <sanders AT SHOWME.MISSOURI DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:38:41 -0500
On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Mike Dile wrote:

> "For a product refresh or a release we provide updated versions
> of the books in hardcopy and we also provide PDF and HTML on
> the Web and include these formats with the product code.
> For MVS the customer will receive, as entitled, the updated
> hardcopy books and a BookManager book CD-ROM.
> We do not provide updated books with PTF's."

Thanks, Mike, but obviously not the response I was hoping for.  The first
sentence above seems to imply that customers who order the ADSM product
now, after it has been refreshed, would get updated versions of the online
manuals.  Have I misinterpreted that?  I don't think so, because Table 2
on page 13 of the "Quick Start" manual was updated with the new file names
for the online manuals shipped with the product.  What about those of us
who ordered ADSM Version 3 earlier?  I don't understand the logic behind
providing the customer with copies of online manuals, but not providing a
means for the customer to update them when new editions are published.

Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
Information and Access                Phone:  573 882-6002
     Technology Services
University of Missouri - Columbia