ADSM-L

UNIX File Permissions

1998-04-10 12:12:14
Subject: UNIX File Permissions
From: "Schauerte, Andrew P (NM75)" <andrew.schauerte AT DAS.HONEYWELL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:12:14 -0600
I understand that ADSM will not allow a non-root accounts to restore files
that are owned by root.  Will ADSM allow root files to be restored by a
non-root user if the permissions on the file owned by root are
read-write-exec for everyone, or the file is in the same group as the
person doing the restore?   I am currently running ADSM V2 on an AIX 4.2
Server- and the client is HPUX 9.04.  It looks like ADSM only looks at the
owner of the file.  Am I missing something?  Thanks in advance.

                Andy Schauerte
                Honeywell Defense Avionics Systems
                Albuquerque NM
                87113