ADSM-L

Re: ADSM paging I/O

1998-04-09 22:45:37
Subject: Re: ADSM paging I/O
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 22:45:37 -0400
Scott;  Thanks for the explanation.  It helps.

The only application on this system is ADSM.  From your description, it
sounds like  the "persistent storage paging I/O" (pgin/pgout) is a result
of jfs I/O to ADSM's disk storage volumes, Database volumes, and Log
volumes.  I should have mentioned in my first note that all our ADSM
volumes are on JFS, not raw LVs.

Mike;  You seem to have a different opinion than Scott.  From what Scott
says, pgin/pgout activity is to be expected with ADSM.  It's the
pgsin/pgsout that I should be worried about.  If you still think we are
memory constrained, I would like to understand why (i.e., what numbers are
you looking at?).

Thanks again.
..Paul