ADSM-L

OS/2 Warp Server and ACL's access control list on restore??

1998-04-09 21:25:40
Subject: OS/2 Warp Server and ACL's access control list on restore??
From: David Derk <derk AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 21:25:40 -0400
I am not sure I understand exactly what your restore command is.  If you are
restoring to the original destination ADSM will restore the root dir's data (ACL
and EA) along with all the files and subdirs provided that the root directory
does not already exist.

In your example:
            dsmc RESTORE F:\adsmtest\* -subdir=yes

      1)If F:\adsmtest does not exist ADSM will restore 6 objects including the
root dir...
                     Restoring             32 F:\adsmtest [Done]
                     Restoring             32 F:\adsmtest\sub1[Done]
                     Restoring             32 F:\adsmtest\sub2 [Done]
                     Restoring             32 F:\adsmtest\Config.Sys [Done]
                     Restoring             32 F:\adsmtest\sub1\config.001[Done]
                     Restoring             32 F:\adsmtest\sub2\config.002 [Done]

      2)If F:\adsmtest does exist ADSM will not restore adsmtest so that it
does not
          wipe out the existing data for that directory.  Therefore it will
restore 5 objects...