ADSM-L

Re: Tape with write error going Read/Only

1998-04-08 11:21:20
Subject: Re: Tape with write error going Read/Only
From: Lindsay Morris <lhmorris AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 11:21:20 -0400
Fix the tape by saying "update vol access=readwrite."

We get this problem a lot, not because anything is wrong with the TAPE, but
because there was a network glitch or a library glitch and ADSM couldn't access
the tape DRIVE for a moment - and so it decided to mark the TAPE readonly.

This seems like a bug to me.  Anybody agree?

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 04/08/98 09:08:25 AM