ADSM-L

Security question

1998-04-08 13:24:01
Subject: Security question
From: Stephan Rittmann <rittmann1 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 16:24:01 -0100
Hi all,
I have a question about the security of ADSM. In our large network
everybody who is a ADSM user can try to access the ADSM server as a
different node. E.g. The user BILL can try to access as XYZ with the
command "DSM -node=XYZ". BILL can try so many times he like to crack the
password, because there ist no limitation. (We use the OS/2 Server V
2.1.014)
If the node XYZ is a importend server with secret data, this situation is
not aceptable.
My questions are: 1) Is there a possibility to check out wich maschine
tryed to access the server? Maybe with the LAN adapter number, or the
TCP/IP address?
2) Will there be more security features in the V3 Release of the ADSM
Server?

Thanks for help,
Stephan Rittmann
Germany, Karlsruhe