ADSM-L

Slow Performance V3 Win95 Client

1998-04-08 08:30:47
Subject: Slow Performance V3 Win95 Client
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 07:30:47 -0500
My customers are running some tests using the version3 client on Windows 95
backing up to a version2 VM server.  We have four workstations setup and
three of them are running fine - did they're initial incremental backups in a
reasonable amount of time.  The fourth of these workstations is transferring
at a hideously slow pace.  On his first attempt to backup, it ran for 20
hours and had only backed up approximately 500 meg.  He has a 2 gig
workstation.  With he and I running together from separate machines in
separate locations on our campus, in half an hour he's backed up 15.7 m.
I've backed up 117 m in less than 20 minutes.  He doesn't seem to have
anything different on his machine than I do or the other people in his
department.  They all use Lotus Suite 97, if this has any influence.  They
all run Viruscan in the background, but we turned this off on his machine
when testing yesterday.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what might be different here that's
causing this problem?  Any thoughts, experiences, suggestions or wild guesses
would be greatly appreciated.