ADSM-L

ADSM bypassing primary storage pool

1998-04-07 13:43:12
Subject: ADSM bypassing primary storage pool
From: Neal Lauver <neal AT NS.PCAO.CO.PIMA.AZ DOT US>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:43:12 -0700
I have ADSM v3r1 for AIX and I am having a problem with my disk storage pool.  I
back up to disk nightly as my primary storage pool and then migrate the entire
disk pool to optical during the day by setting the migration thresholds to "0".
After the migration is complete, I set the migration thresholds back to normal.
The optical pool is set up as the next storage pool for the disk pool.  For some
reason, ADSM is now pretending that the disk storage pool is full and is backing
up directly to optical disk.  I have verified that the disk pool is still set up
as the destination for the backup copy group.  The last time this happened, I
had to delete the disk storage pool and recreate it in order to be able to back
up to disk again.  Has anyone else out there ever experienced this?  Any ideas
or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neal Lauver
Pima County Attorney's Office