ADSM-L

V2 admin client on V3 server?

1998-04-05 04:57:37
Subject: V2 admin client on V3 server?
From: Ron Stanonik <stanonik AT NPRDC.NAVY DOT MIL>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 08:57:37 00800
We need an HSM solution for a Solaris system, unfortunately
ADSM Version 3 HSM won't be ready until end of May.  We're
considering upgrading Solaris from 2.5 to 2.6, installing
ADSM Version 3 server, and using the ADSM Version 2 client.
Then when the ADSM Version 3 client including HSM is ready,
we only need to upgrade the client.  Somewhere  in the ADSM
documentation I recall seeing that V2 clients will work with
a V3 server.  Does that include the Admin client, for example
dsmadmc?  That is, we'd be running V2 clients on the V3 ADSM
server, not merely V2 clients on clients of the V3 ADSM server.

Thanks,

Ron Stanonik
stanonik AT nprdc.navy DOT mil