ADSM-L

Re: ADSM V3 and DRM

1998-04-05 03:39:12
Subject: Re: ADSM V3 and DRM
From: "Casey, Mike" <Mike.Casey AT LATIMES DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 23:39:12 -0800
Naveed,

We are running ADSM ver 2 on a ver. 4.1.5 AIX platform using an STK9710.
When we put the system up last August, IBM had just announced support
for the STK9710.  We chose not to use the STK available version of ADSM,
as we thought it would introduce another layer of code and complicate
things.  Didn't the STK supplied code completely replace the IBM
supplied code of ADSM?  What added functionality did you get by using
STK code?  Is the ACSLS code only available with the STK version of
ADSM?  We plan on going to ADSM ver 3 soon and would appreciate any
insights/problems you have had with the 9710.

One particular question:

Were you/are you able to use more than the first slot of the STK9710
access door?

M. Casey
Los Angeles Times