ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Agent PB

1998-04-03 15:54:11
Subject: Re: Exchange Agent PB
From: "Kuhn, Steve" <AEGISLAN/AEGIS/KUHNS%Aegis AT MCIMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 15:54:11 -0500
DEL:  We have been successful in getting the Exchange Agent to validate
using your instructions below, so long as we are running from the ADSM
scheduler against a schedule defined on the ADSM server.  We also ran a
scheduled backup of the overall file system successfully using the NT
client.

However, we have been unable to force a Full backup from the GUI of the
Directory and/or the Information store.  Each attempt fails with
     "Exchange Error:   Access is Denied"
one the GUI, with no further on-line help available.

It seems that the validation REQUIRES the scheduler (which is associated
with the Exchange Site Services Account) to launch the agent, .  The GUI
interface does not seem to enjoy the same association, either independently
from the scheduler or as a result of the scheduler's association.

The documentation is not clear on this point at all, and is quite fuzzy that
the scheduler is required for validation.  Without it you can't seem to
associate and service to the Site Services Account, because the Agent itself
doesn't appear as a service, even when its running.

We tried opening calls, but have been told by the IBM support line that no
help is available on the product until GA on April 24th.  It's great to have
ADSM people monitoring this list, but perhaps the limitation on support
could have been  made clearer.  Is there another avenue (other than trying
to find our marketing rep, which the support line suggested) to get through
the problems?

Thanks.

Steve Kuhn, Network Manager
AEGIS Insurance Services