ADSM-L

Re: ODBC problem

1998-04-03 05:06:29
Subject: Re: ODBC problem
From: Matthew Warren <Matthew.Warren AT MARKS-AND-SPENCER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 11:06:29 +0100
Hello ADSM People,

        Has anyone experienced this problem before?

I had a restore running to a Novell box, to a volume that is approx 7GB
in size. The amount of data to restore is approx 2.4GB.

After 1.5GB the DSMC session is reporting that it has run out of disk
space writing file.
There is approx 5GB space left on the drive. I can copy things to the
drive from outside of ADSM, and I have also started a second restore to
the same disk, and that isnt having any problems.

Why is the first restore saying it is out of disk space? Also, if the
Skip option is taken on a file that cant be written, then things carry
on for a while untill the session either
        a) reports the disk full problem again,
        b) sits looking like its just about to restore a file, but the
server shows an ever increasing IdleW time with a query session.

Any clues would be most helpfull,

Thanks,
Matthew Warren.
HOIST. Head Office Infrastructure Support Team.
Marks and Spencer Plc
Baker Street London.