ADSM-L

FW: Restoring Unix Partitions

1998-04-01 21:57:29
Subject: FW: Restoring Unix Partitions
From: "Schauerte, Andrew P (NM75)" <andrew.schauerte AT DAS.HONEYWELL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 19:57:29 -0700
Laurie,
Thanks for answering!
I am running V2 server s/w and I have been running multiple restores.  The
problem is that I had collocation turned on so several restore processes
want the same tape.  I have heard that V3 will be faster since it writes to
the disk as it EXAMINES the files and directory structure on the disk.  We
have already ordered the upgrade for V3 several weeks ago.  Our backups did
finish around an hour ago.   Some folks from IBM are coming by tomorrow to
look for any other performance issues.
                        Thank You Very Much for Your Answer!
                                Andy