ADSM-L

Re: Reduce Emails to One Per Day -Reply

1998-04-01 17:29:02
Subject: Re: Reduce Emails to One Per Day -Reply
From: Gary Luther <GLuther AT MHESAC DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 15:29:02 -0700
I tried that for awhile and went back to the single message format although I
feel that it is a pain. We have Groupwise here and when I was accepting the
digest form of the ADSM-L I would have numerous attachments, which was okay.
The thing that drove me crazy was that appends/msgs were split between the
attachments.  I would go back to that format just to cut the traffic if the
attachments would split between messages. Any chance of that happening???

>>> Steve Fletcher <SFletcher AT GIANTOFMARYLAND DOT COM> 04/01 1:42 PM >>>
To receive the digest version instead of the individual mailings send a message
to the following
address:

listserv AT vm.marist DOT edu

Do not send it to the ADSM-L address.

The first line of the message (not the Subject) should have the following
command:

SET ADSM-L DIGEST

This command, along with many others was mentioned in the "welcome message" you
were sent
when you signed up for the listserv.  If you cannot locate the original message
and want to obtain
a list of avalable commands, you can send a message to the "listserv" address
above with the
following command as the first line in the message body:

INFO REFCARD

>>> "Casey, Mike" <Mike.Casey AT LATIMES DOT COM> 04/01/98 02:34pm >>>
I'd like to hear how to do that also.

M. Casey