ADSM-L

UNIX file permissions problem

1998-04-01 16:32:42
Subject: UNIX file permissions problem
From: "Louie, James" <LouieJ AT NABISCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 16:32:42 -0500
We are trying to automate our backup facility ( ADSM ) and our current
problem is that through OPC (the network job scheduling tool) the ID that
signs on our AIX box is EBIIS0. The ADSM backup utility then runs but won't
backup any of the files because they are not owned by EBIIS0. The question
is, is there a switch we are missing? Because ADSM, if it is really a Unix
compatible product should really honor the permissions on the files or the
sub-directories not just by owner?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.