ADSM-L

Novell Acess to File Denied

1998-04-01 14:07:23
Subject: Novell Acess to File Denied
From: Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 15:07:23 -0400
Hi all,

     Server:  ADSM/MVS 2.1.0.13
     Client:  Netware 3.1.2     ADSM code 2.1.0.7g

I imagine this has probably been discussed before, but can someone give me
information on exactly what type of access 'permission' must be granted to
allow backup/archive of SYS:/ files.  I can exclude the handful of files
that are denied in each backup, but I also archive these servers once per
month, and keep getting a status of 'failed' due to this problem.  The
Netware support folks here insist that they have given 'supervisor' access.
Is there something higher than that?

                         Thanks for any help,

                         Ginny