ADSM-L

Re: Client recovery with the DRM

1998-04-01 10:43:10
Subject: Re: Client recovery with the DRM
From: "Phil.Chissell" <phil.chissell AT RESEARCH.NATPOWER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 16:43:10 +0100
Eric

Have you tried restoring an ADSM client to a different machine using DRM?

We have the issue that if we backup a Windows NT client and 6 months later we
need to a disaster recovery of that box; the chances of us obtaining an
IDENTICAL machine with precisely the same hardware, firmware etc. would be nigh
on impossible!  Because of Window's NT registry, this would appear to be
problematic.

I would be interested to hear your experiences or from anyone else who has come
across this problem...

Regards

Phil